Thursday, November 24, 2005

turkey day

WOW this thanksgiving was LONG... mine started out at 4 in the morning after a night of packing and chating on the phone till late, doing some laundry you know the usual stuff before you leave on a trip.... well got to the airport all good no problems with delays or anything started really reading this new book while on the plane almost finished it got like 10 chapters left. but all in all the traveling was fine. HOWEVER when I landed I went to pick up the one bag I checked which I shouldn't have but I didn't want to deal with it... its definatly small enough for carry on. well I did check it and because it is me something must alaways happen while traveling this time it was small but big enough to be bothersome the airline lost my bag YIPEE!!!! well then I left the airport and got to my Aunt's place just in time for the annual Turkey dance... which my mother performs every year for us.... Now for those of you who do not know The turkey dance is performed after the turkey has been cleaned and before it has been stuffed. what happens is usually there is some kind of music playing and the turkey magicaly jumps up and starts to dance for everyone Its quite entertaning and for some reason we always video tape it but anyway I got to start the day off right with a little laugh.... then my brother made a rub and put it on the turkey and stuffed it... YES I did say my brother did the turkey we all love to cook he just wanted to try something different this year and in the end it was very good. HMMM well after getting the cooking started several of us went to go see a movie Ice Harvest. It was very interesting... I liked it but my dad thought it was not much of a thanksgiving movie, which it probably wasn't but whatever....... after the movie it was time for dinner I got home in time to help with the gravy which is always fun I think someday we should make a roux but whatever its tradition to make the gravy the we do. right after that the people all started ariving all the kids like 12 of em they are always fun to play with and it makes it worth it. well after the mass gorging... everybody split up and started to do what we do after the dinner which is running after the children watching videos, playing nething that children want. alright not everyone does that but I know I do. we gt people watching football. a group of people always talking about Mcdonalds and how the economy is and then someone is always looking for the past videos of thanksgivings because we always tape them. well at like 9 several of the children left to go home and then the remander of them sat down and we colored and made stainglass I had fun. well after that we all sat in the living room and started going over sales that would be going on the next day and figure out what time we would be leaving for the shoping in the morning. there was a group leaving at 4:30 and one at 6:45 I was in the 6:45 one I get up at 4 every day no need to get up like that again. at least till work... but well I got up and started to get ready but OHHHH yea I didn'y have my luggage so at least I am ssmart enough to put some stuff in my other bag so I at least had another shirt and some underwear the rest I got while we were out shoping. well I must say I got some christmas shoping done and I hope that those of you who I bought for like what I got you. To be cont. ... at a later date

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need to give you you're pictures. yep yep yep

10:24 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home